Go Fish in the “Fishing Pond” of ion cards! Students have fun as they learn the symbols and charges of 20 common monatomic and polyatomic ions. Students form compounds using the ion cards and other players check the matches laid down—all students are actively involved in the game. Points are scored for each correct ionic compound—a great way for students to learn chemical formulas, names, and ionic charges. Students keep a score sheet with the cation, the anion, the chemical formula, and the compound name. The score sheet later makes a great study sheet or review guide.
Two card game options are provided—Writing Formulas and Naming Compounds—depending on class goals and the level of the students. Game includes four decks of 64 colored Go Fish playing cards (containing 10 different cations and 10 different anions), duplicating masters for ion cards, score sheets and game rules.
Super Value Game is complete for 20 students playing at one time. All materials are reusable!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 488
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 366
You May Also Like
- Chemistry Bingo - Super Value Game
- Chemdeck Card Games
- Chemistry Crossword Puzzles
- Chemical Ion Flash Cards - Super Value Game
- Chemical Formulas - Student Laboratory Kit
- Ionic Formula Writing - Super Value Kit
- The Chemistry of Complex Ions - Student Laboratory Kit
- Ion Names, Formulas, and Charges Chart
- Balancing Equations - Super Value Kit
- The Ultimate Chemical Equations Handbook, Teacher, 2nd Edition