What could it have been like to imagine the nature of an atom? How difficult is it to produce a model of something that can't be seen? The Think Tube allows students to appreciate the challenges associated with things that cannot be directly observed. A series of simple demonstrations will be performed using the Think Tube as students record their observations and generate hypotheses. Kit includes a reproducible student worksheet master. All materials included are reusable.
Concepts: Models, hypothesis.
Time Required: 15 minutes
Materials Provided: All necessary materials to assemble one Think Tube.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 745
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 254
You May Also Like
- Auto-Mixing Pitcher - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Color Change Challenge - Problem Solving Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Larry's Lost Labels Luncheonette - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Match the Mystery Solutions - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Mystery Light Block - Scientific Method Demonstration Kit
- Observation and Experiment - Introduction to the Scientific Method - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Indirect Observations and Inference - Demonstration Kit
- Scientific Method - Student Laboratory Kit
- Solubility Races - Scientific Method Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Applications of Chemistry DVD Set