Black inks used in commercially available pens are often mixtures of several pigments, and each pen company usually has its own unique, patented “recipe” for black ink. Paper chromatography can be used to separate these mixtures. This kit incorporates a simple technique in which the solvent moves out radially from a central point. This produces remarkably beautiful circular chromatograms in just minutes. Through a series of hands-on activities, students can exercise their artistic creativity while learning the basics of chromatography. Includes all necessary materials and an assortment of eight water-soluble black markers that each produce unique, colorful patterns.
Super Value Kit is complete with enough materials for 180 12.5-cm radial chromatograms, plus 10 extra-large, demonstration-sized (24-cm) chromatograms. Additional sets of black markers are available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 419
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 456
You May Also Like
- Black Markers, Assorted Set of 8
- Ultraviolet Lamp, Hand-Held
- Radial Chromatography T-Shirts - The Experiment You Can Wear! Student Laboratory Kit
- Chromatography Challenge - Science, Inquiry, and Art - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Chromatography Centrifuge - Student Laboratory Kit
- Introduction to Paper Chromatography - Student Laboratory Kit
- Food Dye Chromatography - Student Laboratory Kit
- Plant Pigment Chromatography - Student Laboratory Kit
- TLC of Fruit Juices - Student Laboratory Kit
- Elements, Compounds and Mixtures, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 2