Students will determine the presence or absence of coliform bacteria (indicative of the presence of untreated sewage and potentially pathogenic bacteria) in water supplies. By observing a dramatic color change that occurs in a lactose broth medium, students will determine whether or not coliforms are present. Kit includes 25 tubes of lactose broth medium with chlorophenol red indicator, sterile transfer pipets, and instructions.
Complete for 25 student tests. Super Value Kit is complete for 75 student tests.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1050
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 681
You May Also Like
- Antibiotic Resistance—Student Laboratory Kit
- Bacteria in Milk - Student Laboratory Kit
- Exploring the World of Soil Protozoa - Student Laboratory Kit
- Introductory Bacteria Study Kit
- Bacteriology Simulation Lab
- Effects of Disinfectants and Antiseptics on Bacteria - Student Laboratory Kit
- Microbes Around Us- Student Laboratory Kit
- Microbiology-Laboratory Activities Manual
- Potato Dextrose Agar - 3 Bottles Prepared
- What's Living in YOUR Shower? Kit