Illustrate a process commonly used by communities for the purification of water. Demonstrate the capacity of activated charcoal filtration for adsorption of objectionable odors and colors from water to improve its appearance and taste. Kit includes activated charcoal, filter paper, food colorings and detailed instructions.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Ring stands, funnels, beakers, and a mortar and pestle are required and available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1056
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 685
You May Also Like
- Clearing Water with Alum - Demonstration Kit
- Cleaning Up with Iron Demonstration Kit
- Water Quality Index (WQI) Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit
- Water Treatment Activity Model
- Groundwater Exploration Activity Model
- Buffering Lakes and Streams—Environmental Science Demonstration Kit
- Forensic Groundwater Contamination - Student Laboratory Kit
- Water Cycle Model with Study Cards
- Why Is The Water Green? - Student Laboratory Kit
- Stream Contamination - Forensics Laboratory Kit