The Mega-Pure Water Still provides the highest quality water for all laboratory purposes. Features include:
• Fast water production: 1.4 liters per hour
• Excellent water quality: Suitable for all chemical and biological laboratory purposes; pyrogen-free water to meet U.S.P. specifications. 1 MegaOhm resistance.
• Vents allow for removal of volatile organics
• Built-in, automatic over-temperature protection
The still's all-glass components allow for easy cleaning with dilute hydrochloric acid. No disassembly is required. All parts are visible so the science teacher can easily see when cleaning is necessary. Raw water, steam and final distillate never come into contact with any materials except Pyrex® glass and Teflon®. Result: remarkably high quality water.
A 5-foot water inlet hose is furnished with connectors at each end. Customer provides a 1/8" male pipe thread at the water supply. A 4-foot drain hose is furnished. Drain placement in relation to the still location is not critical. Choose this still if you have normal to hard tap water. Soft water may cause the heating element to become pitted.
Furnished with a 6-liter polypropylene collection and storage bottle. Electrical requirements are 120 V, 50/60 Hz, 1000 watts; UL approved. Dimensions are 18" x 10" x 34".
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 218
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 184
You May Also Like
- Merit Water Still
- Water Distiller, Benchtop
- Portable Water Still, Barnstead
- Classic Water Still, Barnstead
- Water, Distilled, 4 liters
- Demineralizer, Barnstead, Bantam®
- Clearing Water with Alum - Demonstration Kit
- Water Purification - Student Laboratory Kit
- Water Quality Index (WQI) Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit
- Water Softening - Guided-Inquiry Kit