Electrically heated stills provide high quality water. Ideal for educational science laboratories requiring a rugged, long-lasting still.
• High quality water: 1 MegaOhm
• Easy to use and maintain: Deconcentrator removes scale-forming impurities.
• Reliability and longevity: Typical services—20 years or more with proper maintenance.
• Low water cutoff included: Low or no water will terminate the power to your still and provide full protection.
• Compact portability: Portable still requires no permanent plumbing or electrical connections and can be set up for operation in minutes.
• Energy-saving, double-walled evaporator: Feedwater is pre-heated in condenser by latent heat of condensation.
• Low velocity boiling is ensured by an extra high and wide evaporator.
Choose this still if you have normal to soft tap water. Please visit the USGS website at http://water.usgs.gov/owq/hardness-alkalinity.html and perform further research/testing to determine the water hardness in your area. If you have hard tap water, some scale build-up will occur over time. In this case, these stills must be cleaned at least once a semester for maximum performance.
Both stills are rated at 1300 watts and operate on 120V AC. UL listed. Portable Still dimensions are 21" L x 10" W x 19" H. A Classic Water Still (Catalog No. AP1049) is also available and is the same size, only 10" taller. Flexible tubing may be used for water supply and waste connection.
Must be shipped by motor truck freight.
Amp Draw: 22 amp
Capacity: 3.8 Liters/Hour
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 219
|Catalog No.||Description||Amp Draw||Capacity||Price/Each||Qty|
You May Also Like
- Merit Water Still
- Barnstead Mega-Pure® Water Still
- Portable Water Still, Barnstead
- Water Distiller, Benchtop
- Water, Distilled, 4 liters
- Demineralizer, Barnstead, Bantam®
- Clearing Water with Alum - Demonstration Kit
- Water Purification - Student Laboratory Kit
- Water Quality Index (WQI) Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit
- Water Softening - Guided-Inquiry Kit