This metal, non-mercury thermometer is a safer choice for use in an oven than a standard mercury thermometer. If a mercury thermometer is broken in an oven you have the perfect conditions for flooding the oven (and ultimately the lab) with toxic mercury vapors.
The thermometer has an 8" metal probe, which is designed to be inserted into the thermometer hole in the oven while the thermometer face remains outside the oven. This provides better temperature control since the oven temperature can be monitored without having to open the oven. Thermometer reads to 250 șC in increments of 2 șC. If the entire thermometer is placed inside the oven, it will only withstand temperatures up to 150 șC. The 1 3/4" diameter thermometer face has black graduations and a fine black pointer. Stainless steel clamp is included for attaching the thermometer to the wall of the beaker.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 292
You May Also Like
- Flinn Digital Pocket Thermometer, Economy Choice
- Flinn Digital Thermometer
- Flinn Digital Thermometer, with Extension Probe
- Ever-Safe Thermometer, -20 to 150 șC, Total Immersion
- Metal-backed Thermometer, Celsius
- Thermometer, Non-Mercury, -20 to 150 șC, Partial Immersion
- Thermometer, Blank, Spirit-filled
- Teflon-coated, Spirit-filled Thermometer, -10 to 150 șC, Partial Immersion
- Thermometer, Classroom, Indoor/Outdoor
- Thermometer Anti-Roll-Off Device, 25/pkg