So many antacid choices on the market—which one should I use? Test and compare three popular over-the-counter antacids. Students will watch an “antacid in action” as the antacid neutralizes simulated stomach acid in the presence of universal indicator. They will also determine the neutralizing ability of three common antacids using acid–base titration techniques, compare the “neutralizing power” and cost-effectiveness of these antacids, and learn the components, benefits, and side effects of different types of antacids.
Includes Teacher Notes, extensive background material, and reproducible student handouts. All antacid samples, chemicals, and specialized equipment are provided.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 445
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 476
You May Also Like
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- Mortar and Pestle Set, Porcelain, Economy Choice, 65-mL
- Upset Tummy? MOM to the Rescue! Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Help From MOM - The Biochemistry of Antacids
- Aspirin Testing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Analysis of Over-the-Counter Drugs - Student Laboratory Kit
- Toothpaste Test Kit
- Shampoo Test - Student Laboratory Kit
- pH Laboratory and Classroom Activities
- Chemistry of Food, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 23