Mud collected from the bottom of a suspect's shoe might link that person to the crime scene. How do forensic scientists match soil samples? Let your students conduct the same tests used by forensic scientists and determine which suspect is guilty of being at the crime scene. Students will examine soils microscopically, conduct pH and phosphate tests, and then collect data from a soil density profile demonstration. Students will quickly learn that no two soil samples are exactly alike. The soil profile analysis is completed as a class demonstration. Kit materials include soil testing materials, density gradient solutions, and detailed teacher materials.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 573
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 490
You May Also Like
- Cylinder, Borosilicate Glass, 100 mL
- High School Stereoscope, Flinn Economy Choice, Standard Illumination, (10X, 30X)
- Forensic Groundwater Contamination - Student Laboratory Kit
- Soil Contamination - Forensics Laboratory Kit
- Stream Contamination - Forensics Laboratory Kit
- Who Is Littering? Forensics Super Value Kit
- Lead in Soil
Porosity and Drainage Rate of Soil -
Student Laboratory Kit
- Biology and Chemistry of Soil - Student Laboratory Kit
- Understanding Your Carbon Footprint Student Activity Kit