Each mini-mini heater hand warmer packet contains iron, water, cellulose, vermiculite, activated carbon and salt. When taken out of its sealed pouch, the iron will immediately oxidize and generate heat. This “heat source” will last up to seven or more hours and may reach temperatures as high as 150 ºF (60 ºC). Amazing example of chemistry in action. Package of 2. Teacher instructions provided.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 542
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 338
You May Also Like
- The Heat Solution Instant Handwarmer
- Flameless Ration Heater
- Hand Blasters
- Magnesium Fire Starter
- Chenille Wires, Green, Pkg. of 10
- Thermodynamics in a Bag - Super Value Kit
- Rapid Oxidation - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Smashing Thermit Reaction - Demonstration Kit
- Whoosh Bottle - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Discovering Instant Cold Packs - Guided-Inquiry Kit