Cow magnets are used by farmers to trap metal that cows have ingested. Use a cow magnet to demonstrate a three-dimensional magnetic field, the amount of iron in breakfast cereal, and to show in an unusual way that not all metals are magnetic. Students will have loads of fun and learn a lot of science using cow magnets. Includes instructions for three demonstrations.
Cow Magnet Learning Cycle
Uses for a common magnet, and teachers sharing ideas and best practices.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 697
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 438
You May Also Like
- Small Economy Ceramic Ring Magnet - Pkg. of 6
- Horseshoe Magnet, Steel, 6"
- Introduction to Magnets - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Magnet Kit, Economy Choice
- Magnets and Magnetism - Super Value Activity-Stations Kit
- Measuring Magnetic Force - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Floating Magnet
- Gravity and Magnetism: A Battle of Two Forces
- Faraday's Electromagnetic Induction Apparatus
- Faraday's Electromagnetic Induction Demonstration Kit