Chemystery of Halloween - Multi-Demonstration Kit, AP2102
Demonstrate that “black magic” has a scientific basis with the seven demonstrations included in this kit.
• “Ghosts and goblins” will appear out of a 2-liter pop bottle as the pop bottle collapses to prove their escape.
• An “amorphous monster” will foam up and out of an ordinary cup.
• “Evil spirits” will erupt from a jack-o'-lantern.
• Eerie lights will be given off by a mysterious solution and an ordinary candy.
• A fluorescent “slime monster” and a Silly Putty-type material will be concocted as your bewitching finale.
Teacher Demonstration Notes and enough chemicals are provided to perform all seven demonstrations, seven times each.
Concepts: Catalysts, decomposition reactions, exothermic reactions, heat shrinking plastics, polyurethane foam, polymers, oxidation-reduction reactions, fluorescence, chemiluminescence, and triboluminescence.
Time Required: One full class period
Chemicals Provided: Manganese dioxide, hydrogen peroxide, polyurethane foam system, sodium iodide solution, energetic light solution, potassium ferricyanide solution, guar gum, sodium borate solution, fluorescein dye, and Elmer's Glue-All®.
Note: Some common household items and laboratory equipment are required but not provided.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 396
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 495
You May Also Like
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, 250-mL
- The Reappearing Pumpkin - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- April Fool's Day - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- A Christmas of Chemistry - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- The Chemistry of Spring Break - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- End of Year Finale - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Opening Day - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- The Crystal Forest - Student Laboratory Kit
- Crystal Ornaments - A Holiday Student Laboratory Kit
- Silver Holiday Ornaments - Student Laboratory Kit