The activity of zinc, copper, lead, magnesium and silver are tested. Small amounts of chemicals and metals produce less waste while still producing good results. The students will actually see more reactive metals going into solution while less reactive metals plate out of solution. The reactivity of an acid and the metals are also tested. All chemicals and specialized equipment are provided.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Fifteen reusable 24-well reaction plates are recommended and available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 477
You May Also Like
- Reaction Plates, 24-well
- Single Replacement Reactions and Metal Activity - Student Laboratory Kit
- The Hollow Penny - Student Laboratory Kit
- Families of Elements - Alkaline Earth Metals and Halides - Student Laboratory Kit
- Silver Holiday Ornaments - Student Laboratory Kit
- Periodic Trends and the Properties of Elements - Student Laboratory Kit
- Iron Corrosion - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Reversible Tin Man - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Oxidation-Reduction Basics - Student Laboratory Kit
- Oxidation and Reduction, Flinn ChemTopic Lab Book, Volume 16