Are all toothpastes the same? Students will learn about tooth decay and the function of toothpaste. Students will perform experiments to determine the abrasiveness, pH, fluoride content, and foaming ability of five different toothpaste brands. Students will use background and cost/oz information to evaluate the results and to form judgments and conclusions about the effectiveness of each toothpaste. includes detailed Teacher Notes, background information, sample data, helpful tips, and reproducible student handouts.
Complete for 24 students working in pairs. Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs. Toothpaste samples are not provided.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 447
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 479
You May Also Like
- High School Compound Microscope, Flinn Economy Choice
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- Shampoo Test - Student Laboratory Kit
- Sunscreens: Preparation and Evaluation - Student Laboratory Kit
- Soap-Making - Student Laboratory Kit
- Swimming Pool Chemistry - Student Laboratory Kit
- Aspirin Testing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Analysis of Over-the-Counter Drugs - Student Laboratory Kit
- Preparation and Properties of Biodiesel Fuel - Student Laboratory Kit
- Chemistry of Food, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 23