Teach your students about the elements and the periodic table with two pre-lab exercises and two hands-on laboratory activities in this kit. Students use the large fold-over periodic tables supplied to gather information on element symbols, names, and atomic numbers. Students then do the ultimate element crossword puzzle, a fun learning activity that provides interesting clues about the 62 elements in the puzzle.
• In Lab #1, students compare the reactivity of two alkaline earth metals, making both qualitative and quantitative observations.
• In Lab #2, students investigate trends in the solubility of four alkaline earth metal cations by combining each cation with five different chemicals, making observations, and writing equations for reactions that occur.
Includes twelve different chemicals, 120 reusable pipets, and 12 Flinn 11" x 17" foldover four-color periodic tables, detailed Teacher Notes, and reproducible student handouts including data tables and post-lab questions.
Complete for 24 students working in pairs. Twelve reusable 24-well reaction plates are required and available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 480
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 373
You May Also Like
- Reaction Plates, 24-well
- Cylinder, Borosilicate Glass, 25 mL
- Families of Elements - Alkaline Earth Metals and Halides - Student Laboratory Kit
- Periodic Activity of Metals - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Plotting Trends - A Periodic Table Student Laboratory Kit
- All in the Family - Periodic Trends Demonstration Kit
- It's in the Cards - Periodic Table Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Periodic Trends and the Properties of Elements - Student Laboratory Kit
- Flinn Periodic Table, Two-Sided Hanging Wall Chart
- The Periodic Table, ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 4