What makes your hair shine? Do some shampoos really clean better than others? With this kit, students have a chance to learn about hair and the function of shampoo ingredients in cleaning the hair.
Students gain a valuable learning experience as they test five commercial shampoos provided in the kit. Students will determine the pH, foaming ability, grease-cutting ability, and percent solids of the shampoos. Students then evaluate results and use background information to draw conclusions about each shampoo's effectiveness. Detailed Teacher Notes provide background information, sample data, and helpful tips. Reproducible student handouts and all necessary chemicals are provided.
Complete for 24 students working in pairs. Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 446
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 478
You May Also Like
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Soap-Making - Student Laboratory Kit
- Sunscreens: Preparation and Evaluation - Student Laboratory Kit
- Toothpaste Test Kit
- Swimming Pool Chemistry - Student Laboratory Kit
- Aspirin Testing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Analysis of Over-the-Counter Drugs - Student Laboratory Kit
- Preparation and Properties of Biodiesel Fuel - Student Laboratory Kit
- Chemistry of Food, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 23