Unique device shows the relationship of pressure to temperature of a gas, allowing students to determine the value of absolute zero. The bulb is immersed in hot water, cold water, and a dry ice-acetone mixture. Temperatures and pressure readings are recorded. Pressure versus temperature readings, when plotted, provide a value of absolute zero. Bulb diameter 100 mm. Bicycle air pump and thermometer (thermocouple) with a -100 ºC to 100 ºC range are required, but not included.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 657
You May Also Like
- Atmosphere Bar
- Boyle's Law Apparatus
- Investigating Pressure Activity-Stations Laboratory Kit
- Up, Up and Away - Hot Air Balloon Student Activity Kit
- Elasticity of Gas Apparatus
- Breaking Board Paradox - Demonstration Kit
- Bicycle Pump, Hand-held
- Collapsing Can Demonstraion
- Mini Magdeburg Hemispheres- Student Laboratory Kit