Students assemble their own three-dimensional model clearly showing the position and number of electrons in s and p orbitals. Assembling and identifying the number and position of electrons in various atoms and reviewing them for quantum numbers and Pauli's Exclusion Principle really helps students understand a very abstract concept, while showing the similarities in the electron configuration of different atoms. Color-coded components help distinguish s and p orbitals. A quantum numbers chart is provided on each student worksheet to help students assemble the models starting with the 1s orbitals. Detailed instructions provided.
Complete for 24 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 519
You May Also Like
- Atom Model
- Atomic Orbital Model Set
- BRIGHT Atom™ Model
- Electron Configuration Concert - Overhead Demonstration Model
- Atomic Mobile Kit
- Magnetic Atom Model
- Electron Configuration Bingo - Super Value Game
- Electron Structure - 1s Orbital - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Introduction to Electron Structure - Student Laboratory Kit
- Quantum Leap - Student Laboratory Kit