Introduce students to the scientific method of problem solving and get them to start thinking “scientifically.” By manipulating a black box and hearing and feeling how the steel ball rolls around inside the unopened box, students begin to make observations about what type of configuration is inside the black box. They collect data, develop a hypothesis and test their hypothesis. This is truly a fun and engaging lab activity that gets students' minds working.
The teacher's guide is well written and the student lab activity sheets help students understand the process of the scientific method. Kit includes 24 black boxes—two each of the 12 different types.
Super Value Kit is complete for 24 students working individually. All materials are reusable!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 490
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 257
You May Also Like
- Match the Mystery Solutions - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Larry's Lost Labels Luncheonette - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Observation and Experiment - Introduction to the Scientific Method - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Mystery Light Block - Scientific Method Demonstration Kit
- Scientific Method - Student Laboratory Kit
- Think Tube - Demonstration Kit
- Solubility Races - Scientific Method Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Opening Day - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Color Change Challenge - Problem Solving Guided-Inquiry Kit
- How Scientists Do Science - Guided-Inquiry Kit