Nuclear stability and radioactive decay are important concepts to understanding nuclear chemistry, the size of the nucleus, and the energy that holds it together. In this engaging activity, students will determine the natural decay of uranium-238 to lead-206 by arranging element cards and beta and alpha particle cards to create the uranium-238 decay series. Detailed Teacher Notes and Radioactive Decay Series Cards are provided.
Super Value Game is complete for 6 student groups. All materials are reusable!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 488
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 473
You May Also Like
- Artifact Ages - Radiometric Dating Simulation - Super Value Kit
- Characteristics of Nuclear Radiation - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Analysis of Hydrogen Peroxide - Student Laboratory Kit
- Introduction to Radioactivity and Half-life Experiment Kit
- Nuclear Shielding - Super Value Kit
- Half-Life Simulation - Classroom Activity Kit
- Carbon Dating Activity - Super Value Puzzle
Oooh! Aaah! Style Flame Tests -
Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Nuclear Chemistry Activity Booklets, Set of 24
- Nuclear Chemistry, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 18