Examine the properties of acids and bases with this high-quality kit. Students get a complete introduction to acids and bases.
• Test acids and bases with litmus paper and phenolphthalein indicator.
• Examine how pH is related to the strength of an acid or base.
• Observe the reaction of carbonates and compare the reactivity of different metals with acids.
• Test the pH of various household products.
Teacher notes and reproducible student handouts include easy-to-follow lab instructions, sample data, answers to questions, and in-depth background information. All chemicals and specialized equipment are provided.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs. Fifteen reusable, 24-well reaction plates are recommended and available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 421
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 401
You May Also Like
- Reaction Plates, 24-well
- Flinn pH Meter
- Acid-Base Test Kit II - Reactions of Acids and Bases - Student Laboratory Kit
- Battle of the Acids - Strong vs. Weak Acids - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- "Chem"-eleon Indicators - Science and Art with Acids and Bases - Student Laboratory Kit
Indicator Sponge - A Discrepant Event
Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Measuring Acid Strength - Ka Values of Weak Acids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Acid Strength and Electron Withdrawing Groups - Chemical Demonstration Kit
Mystery Solutions with Acids and Bases -
- Acids and Bases, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 13