Explore acid-base reactions with this in-depth kit. Students learn about pH, acid-base indicators, antacids, neutralization, and titration as they perform six different experiments:
• Study a neutralization reaction to make a simple salt.
• Use antacids to neutralize acids and observe the indicator color changes.
• Observe a spectacular acid-base rainbow in a tube.
• Perform microscale titrations of monoprotic and diprotic acids.
• Titrate acid solutions of unknown concentration.
• Design a neutralization procedure to analyze antacids using simulated stomach acid.
Teacher notes and reproducible student handouts include easy-to-follow lab instructions, sample data, answers to questions, and in-depth background information. All chemicals and specialized equipment are included.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs. Fifteen reusable, 24-well reaction plates are recommended and available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 421
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 401
You May Also Like
- Reaction Plates, 24-well
- Flinn pH Meter
- Acid-Base Test Kit I - Properties of Acids and Bases - Student Laboratory Kit
- Battle of the Acids - Strong vs. Weak Acids - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Introduction to Acid-Base Titration - Student Laboratory Kit
Indicator Sponge - A Discrepant Event
Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Measuring Acid Strength - Ka Values of Weak Acids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Buffer Balancing Acts - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Natural Indicators - Acids, Bases, and the pH Scale - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Acids and Bases, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 13