Chemical formulas such as (NH4)2SO4, with all of those seemingly random numbers, letters and parentheses, can seem intimidating to a student who is first learning to write formulas. This “teacher-tested” kit will familiarize students with ions and allow them to actively practice combining ions in the proper ratio to determine and write correct chemical formulas. Students cut out the cation and anion cards provided, match them up to make chemical formulas, write the formula on the provided data sheet, and name the compound formed.
Includes reproducible student handouts, background information, procedure, data tables, questions, Teacher Notes with helpful teaching tips and an answer key, and 15 masters of cations, anions, and an ion formula chart.
Super Value Kit is complete for 15 student groups. All materials are reusable—one kit can be used over and over!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 466
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 381
You May Also Like
- Ion Names, Formulas, and Charges Chart
- Chemical Ion Flash Cards - Super Value Game
- The Chemistry of Complex Ions - Student Laboratory Kit
- Balancing Equations - Super Value Kit
- Chemistry Bingo - Super Value Game
- Chemdeck Card Games
- Go Fish for an Ion - A Chemistry Super Value Card Game
- Chemistry Crossword Puzzles
- The Ultimate Chemical Equations Handbook, Teacher, 2nd Edition
- Teaching Chemistry Video Series Complete DVD Set