Are you looking for a simple and innovative way to help your students visualize the balancing of equations and the Law of Conservation of Matter? Use this hands-on kit to make the abstract concept of “atoms” become more visual and real for students. The activities in this kit utilize colored chips as models for atoms and molecules. Students count and manipulate the “atom” chips until all atoms in the equation are conserved and then write the final equation on the provided data sheets. Detailed activity sheets guide students through the atom-accounting process. Includes a magnetic wand and 100 wire-rimmed counting chips for teacher overhead demonstrations, 1000 colored chips for student use, background information, reproducible student instructions and data tables. Balance out your curriculum with this new Balancing Equations kit!
Super Value Kit is complete for 30 students working individually. All materials are reusable!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 433
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 380
You May Also Like
- Chemical Reactions - Student Laboratory Kit
- Mole Ratio - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Reactions, Predictions and Net Ionic Equations - Student Laboratory Kit
- Stoichiometry and Solubility - Mole Ratios and Chemical Formulas - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Sequence of Chemical Reactions - Student Laboratory Kit
- Chemical Formulas - Student Laboratory Kit
- What Is a Chemical Reaction? Student Laboratory Kit
- The Ultimate Chemical Equations Handbook, Teacher, 2nd Edition
- Chemical Reactions and Stoichiometry DVD Set
- Chemical Reactions, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 6