A great, high-quality introductory kit—ideal for teaching the concepts of elements, compounds, and mixtures. Four separate activities are provided.
• The first paper-and-pencil activity will familiarize students with common element symbols and names.
• In the second “classification of matter” activity, students use a flow chart to classify various materials as either an element, a compound, or a mixture.
• Next is a laboratory activity in which students use physical separation techniques to separate a mixture consisting of sand, salt, zinc, and iron filings.
• Then, students chemically react aluminum with copper(II) chloride to produce and isolate a new element and compound.
Detailed Teacher Notes and reproducible student handouts include easy-to-follow lab instructions, sample data, answers to questions, and in-depth background information. All chemicals and specialized equipment are provided.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs. One magnetic wand is included with the kit—additional wands are available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 420
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 352
You May Also Like
- Balance, 410 X 0.01 g, Flinn Electronic
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Magnetic Wand
- Classifying Matter - A "Nuts-and-Bolts" Demonstration Kit
- Separation of a Mixture - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- What Is an Element? Demonstration Kit
- Percent Water in a Hydrate - Student Laboratory Kit
- Metal, Nonmetal, or Metalloid? Student Laboratory Kit
- Introduction to Chemistry DVD Set
- Elements, Compounds and Mixtures, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 2