Attention! That's what this high-pitched sound-producing rod will get when you perform this demonstration. The 2-foot-long aluminum rod is held bare-handed and rubbed with a special rosin to produce amazingly loud sounds of different wavelengths. The special rosin provided is the secret to the demo's success. This inexpensive apparatus can be used to demonstrate the properties of transverse and longitudinal waves with stunning success. Comes with the aluminum rod, special rosin, and fully illustrated instructions. This classic sound wave demonstration will be remembered by your students long after they forget the theory.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 716
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 466
You May Also Like
- Singing Rods Demonstration Set
- Singing Tube Demonstration
- Demonstration Buzzer
- Discovering the Speed of Sound in Air
- Super Spring and Stand
- A Demo A Day™ - A Year of Physical Science Demonstrations
- Sonic Flame Tube Demonstration Kit
- Speaker for Sonic Flame Tube Demonstration
- Sound Wave Interference Tube Activity Kit