Objects fall with the same acceleration-don't they? Watch and compare the falling acceleration rate of a feather and a guinea (coin) with air resistance and in a vacuum using this clear acrylic demonstration tube. The results are unforgettable! The stopcock valve on one end of the device allows you to evacuate the tube of air with a vacuum pump. You may also use the tube to create a vacuum fountain by opening the valve under water after the tube has been evacuated. Note: Vacuum pump and vacuum tubing are required but not included. A two- stage vacuum pump is recommended for the most dramatic results.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 614
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 281
You May Also Like
- Free Fall Student Laboratory Kit
- Free Fall and Projectile Motion Poster
- Galileo's Gravity Drop
- Galileo Kit
- Diving Eggs Inertia Challenge - Newton's First Law Demonstration
- "Speed of Bubble" Tube Set
- Force and Motion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Newton's Laws Activity-Stations Kit
- Investigating Gravity - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Pressure Paradox