Discrepant events are powerful teaching opportunities. And the Center of Gravity Paradox is a “dandy.” Everyone knows that a low center of gravity is more stable than a high center of gravity. Your students' thinking caps will have to go on in order for them to explain the reverse results with this unique setup. The demonstration rod is made of aluminum and the balancing mass is brass and self-gripping on the rod. Comes with complete instructions that include detailed explanations for the demonstration results.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 571
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 274
You May Also Like
- Center of Mass Bottles
- Investigating Center of Gravity - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Hanging Nails Challenge - Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Double Cone and Ramp
- Fascinating Finger Balance Demonstrator
- Leaning Tower
- Bottle Balance Beam Demonstration Kit
- Center of Gravity
- Center of Gravity Demostration Set
- Center of Gravity Toss - Demonstration Kit