Bring the mystery and intrigue of an actual murder case to your classroom with Crime Scene: A Forensic Investigation Kit. Here's a chance to apply chemistry and biology laboratory skills to a real-life criminal investigation. Students perform hair, blood, fiber, fingerprint, and handwriting analysis to locate the culprit in the “murder” case. All blood samples are simulated. Students read background material, crime scene descriptions, motives and a victim's note. Students use higher-level thinking skills to piece together the written information with lab results and form a logical conclusion of the most likely of six possible suspects. The activity is culminated with a narrative laboratory case report which promotes writing across the curriculum. Students get so involved in solving the crime that they may forget they are learning science.
The kit provides hair, fiber and simulated blood samples, anti-serums, slides, marking crayons, pipets, and stirrers. Includes a booklet with teacher notes and reproducible student masters.
Complete for two classes of 24 students working in pairs.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 544
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 459
You May Also Like
- Forensic Glow - Blood System
- Glass Analysis Principles - Forensic Investigation Kit
- Bloodstains at the Crime Scene - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Amino Acid Fingerprints Kit
- Mr. Mathematics Mysterious Murder - Student Laboratory Kit
- Forensic Supply Kit
- Bloodstain Pattern Analysis Kit
- Gunshot Residue Demonstration Kit
- Presumptive Blood Test-Forensic Investigation Kit