Giant Crystal Growing - Student Laboratory Kit, AP4682
Captivate student interest by growing GIANT crystals! In this hands-on activity, students will cultivate and grow giant alum crystals in a supersaturated solution from a single seed crystal. They will be amazed at how quickly their alum crystal begins growing into its natural, cubic structure and how it continues to grow larger and larger over a period of weeks or months. This is an excellent activity to use when discussing saturation, supersaturation, and solid state chemistry. Alum crystals are easy to grow—an excellent choice for an introductory crystal-growing activity. Includes thread, enough aluminum potassium sulfate to grow 15 giant alum crystals, and detailed instructions.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 449
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 352
You May Also Like
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Parafilm® M, 20" X 50', Roll
- Crystal Growing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Crystal Growing Rock - Student Laboratory Kit
- Growing Crystals in Gels - Introductory Laboratory Kit
- Microscale Silicate Garden - Super Value Kit
- Crystal Ornaments - A Holiday Student Laboratory Kit
- The Crystal Forest - Student Laboratory Kit
- Crystal Structure - Super Value Laboratory Kit