An ingenious and entertaining way to demonstrate Newton's second law of motion. Have students predict which ball will hit the floor first. Then have them close their eyes and listen. Much to their surprise both balls hit the floor at precisely the same instant! This is amazing since one ball falls straight down while the other is propelled horizontally first.
The compact design makes it easy to set up and operate. The spring-loaded release arm assures simultaneous release of the balls for predictable and repeatable results. The support rod screws securely into the base and allows you to clamp the device at various heights on a ring stand to see if height has any effect on the results. Comes complete with a set of matched balls and operating instructions.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 606
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 285
You May Also Like
- Newton's Laws Activity-Stations Kit
- Atwood's Machine, Economy Choice
- Diving Eggs Inertia Challenge - Newton's First Law Demonstration
- Newtonian Demonstrator
- Shoot the Monkey Demonstration Kit
- Free Fall and Projectile Motion Poster
- Slingshot Cars - Newton's Laws Activity Kit
- "Speed of Bubble" Tube Set
- Investigating Pendulums - Student Laboratory Kit
- Center of Gravity Toss - Demonstration Kit