Study magnetic fields without the mess of iron filings. The transparent acrylic case is filled with fluid and fine iron filings and then permanently sealed shut. Set the magnetic field demonstrator on an overhead projector. Place a magnet beneath the demonstrator and watch the clear lines of magnetic force become visible through the clear sides of the chamber. Under the bright light of the overhead projector the lines of force are magnified and very clear. Try several arrangements. The magnetic force line patterns will be very interesting to your students. This rugged device measures 12 cm
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 646
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 412
You May Also Like
- Magnetic Needle
- Eddy Current Experiment Kit
- Small Economy Ceramic Ring Magnet - Pkg. of 6
- Student Magnetic Field Demonstrator
- Introduction to Magnets - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Eddy's Brake - Lenz's Law Demonstration Kit
- 3-D Magnetic Field Jar - Demonstration Kit
Chemistry, Physics, and Modern Materials -
- Horseshoe Magnet, Steel, 4"