Introduce the topic of thermodynamics using the hands-on activities provided in this kit. Students will experience exothermic and endothermic reactions as they perform three different chemical reactions. All the reactions are performed in heavy-duty, zipper-lock plastic bags. The setup and reactions are quick and the bags are reusable, which saves precious laboratory time and money. Students monitor temperature changes by touch or quantitatively by the use of a thermometer (not included). Includes chemicals, bags, pipets, well-written Teacher Notes, and reproducible student worksheets. Ample amounts of chemicals are provided.
Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 24 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 506
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 337
You May Also Like
- Flinn Digital Thermometer
- Cylinder, Borosilicate Glass, 10 mL*
- Discovering Instant Cold Packs - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Cool Reaction - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Exothermic & Endothermic Reactions - An Energy Changes Laboratory Kit
- The Chef - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Heats of Reaction and Hess's Law - Small-Scale Calorimetry Laboratory Kit
- The Carbon Soufflé - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- The Heat Solution Instant Handwarmer
- Thermochemistry, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 10