Fracture is the irregular breakage of a mineral. The break may occur in any direction, but is usually located around some imperfection in the mineral. Students are provided with six specimens and can clearly see conchoidal, earthy, hackly, and uneven fractures. Labeled for easy identification and packaged in a compartmentalized collection box.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1072
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 658
You May Also Like
- What Mineral Is It? Chart
- Composition of Minerals Chart
- Common Uses of Rocks and Minerals Student Laboratory Kit
- Mineral Crystal Shapes Kit
- Formation and Identification of Minerals Kit
- Mineral Identification Kit
- Mineral Rummy - Super Value Game
- Minerals, Metals, and Mining - Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Rock and Mineral Test Kit
- Classroom Mineral Collection