Find the densities of rocks-it's easy with this basic density kit! Students first learn to determine the densities of various objects, then investigate the densities of their own rock samples. Combine this activity with a field activity on rocks. Materials included in kit: aluminum bar, aluminum cubes, two spheres, a metric ruler, and a detailed instruction sheet. Additional materials needed: rock samples, balance, graduated cylinder.
Materials are sufficient for one lab group of 2-3 students. Classroom set includes enough materials for 15 groups.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1065
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 651
You May Also Like
- Density of the Earth Kit
- Bits and Pieces- Sediment Activity Kit
- Prospector's Paradise - Student Laboratory Kit
- Rock Cycle Adventure Student Activity Kit
- Rock Formation and Identification - Student Laboratory Kit
- Formation and Identification of Minerals Kit
- Colorful Stalactites and Stalagmites Kit
- Chemical and Mechanical Weathering of Rock Student Laboratory Kit
- Be a Mineral Detective Student Laboratory Kit
- Instant Geology Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit