Get a different perspective of our world with this unique Mercator projection map! Colorful waters catch your eye foremost and play center stage while the land areas form the background with their neutral, muted tones. The brilliant colors on this map let you easily visualize the sea floor-with the colors corresponding to ocean floor depth measurements. The detailed topography of this sea floor map is the most accurate in print-developed by combining all available depth soundings collected from NOAA satellite technology and radar altimeters. The topography reveals the small-scale plate tectonic features such as spreading ridges, transform faults, trenches, and the distribution of off-ridge volcanoes. Ideal for the study of plate tectonics, geodynamics, and ocean circulation. Size 53"
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1014
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 672
You May Also Like
- World Ocean Floor Map
- Exploring Earthquakes Activity-Stations Kit
- Investigating Plate Tectonics Chart
- Contour Model Kit
- Landform Raised Relief Map Set
- Sea Floor Spreading-Student Laboratory Kit
- Modeling Faults Student Activity Kit
- Tectonics Model - Demonstration Kit
- Topographic Map Reading Kit
- Modeling and Mapping Topography Kit