Introduce your students to mixtures and compounds with this ready-to-use kit. Students perform separations of three different unknown mixtures using physical separation techniques—magnetic separation, size separation, flotation, solubility behavior, and melting/ recrystallization. Three unknown mixtures (sulfur and polystyrene, salt and stearic acid, iron filings and sulfur) and all materials needed to perform the lab are provided in the kit. Teacher manual and student instructions are included.
Complete for 24 students working in groups of four.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 440
You May Also Like
- Bunsen Burner, Natural Gas with Flame Retainer
- Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures - Student Laboratory Kit
- Separation of a Mixture by Filtration - Student Laboratory Kit
- Classifying Matter - A "Nuts-and-Bolts" Demonstration Kit
- Separation of a Mixture - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Percent Water in a Hydrate - Student Laboratory Kit
- TLC of Fruit Juices - Student Laboratory Kit
- Sorting Out Solutions - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Preparing and Diluting Solutions - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Elements, Compounds and Mixtures, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 2