Develop a basic understanding of the chemistry of carbohydrates by building three-dimensional molecular models with this innovative kit. Students first construct the water molecule and three monosaccharides-glucose, galactose, and fructose; next they build disaccharides such as sucrose and fructose; then students study the concept of isomerism; and finally they build a part of a simple starch molecule by dehydration synthesis. Students will distinguish between models and actual chemical formulas and determine the molecular characteristics of carbohydrates. Kit contains over 900 reusable molecular components including:
• 12 carbon tetrahedral atoms
• 13 oxygen double electron atoms
• 26 hydrogen single electron atoms
Includes 50 easy-to-follow student worksheets/guides and teacher instruction manual.
Complete for a class of 24 students working in teams of two.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 500
You May Also Like
- Introduction to Carbohydrates - Structure and Properties - Student Laboratory Kit
- Molecules of Life - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Magnetic Molecules, Green
- First Introduction to Molecular Models Kit
- Molecular Model Kit - Graphite
- Molecular Model Kit - Ice
- Inorganic-Organic Teacher Model Set
- Shapes of Molecules Model Set
- Molecular Geometry, Bonding, and Balloons - Demonstration Kit
- Organic Chemistry Demonstration Molecular Model Set