When should students learn how accurate concentrations of solutions are prepared? This year! This detailed laboratory procedure walks students step-by-step through the process of accurately preparing solutions of various concentrations. Students must calculate how to prepare several solutions before making them, and also must calculate the resulting concentrations of solutions prepared according to given recipes. Laboratory procedure covers preparation of stock solutions, serial dilutions, and dilutions of a given molarity. Additional practice calculations are included for student practice or as a post-test. Includes reproducible student handouts with detailed procedures and complete Teacher Notes with sample calculations, plus all chemicals needed to perform the lab.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 497
You May Also Like
- Flask, Volumetric, Borosilicate Glass, 100 mL
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- It's in Their Nature - Student Laboratory Kit
- Solutions, Colloids, and Suspensions - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Concentration and Molarity - Student Laboratory Kit
- Becker Bottles - One in a Million
- Colligative Properties - Student Laboratory Kit
- Sorting Out Solutions - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- The Aloha Chemical Sunset - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Solubility and Solutions, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 12