Convince your students that air has weight with this fun demonstration apparatus. Simply weigh the can with air trapped inside. Then connect the demonstration apparatus to a vacuum pump and pump the air out of the can. The convenient built-in valve makes this very easy to do. With the can emptied of air weigh it again. The approximate 0.5-gram difference will be dramatic. Calculate the volume inside the cylinder and calculate the weight of air per liter!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 594
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 266
You May Also Like
- Build a Mini Hovercraft - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Archimedes' Principle Kit
- Buoyancy in Air - Mass vs. Weight Demonstration Kit
- Conservation of Mass and Buoyancy - Student Laboratory Kit
- Density of Solids Kit
- Equal Mass Kit-Classroom Set
- Measurement Challenge - A Density Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Specific Gravity Specimens Set of 10
- Density Rod
- Reverse Density Rod