A great introductory demonstration of thermal expansion, large enough to be seen in the back of the room. This bimetallic bar will bend dramatically when heated in a Bunsen burner due to the different thermal expansion rates of each metal used in the bar. Let students examine the bar and discover for themselves that the two different sides of the bar are different colors and infer that different metals are fused together. Bar has insulated convenient handle. Bar length is 20 cm, overall length is 30 cm.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 669
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 325
You May Also Like
Conduction, Convection, and Radiation -
- Convection and Ventilation Box
- Superheated Steam - Demonstration Kit
- Density Box Demonstration
- Convection of Liquids Tube
- Hand Boiler
- Heat Convection in Fluids Demo Kit
- Heat Transfer Kit
- Heat and Temperature - Student Laboratory Kit