No plugs nor contact electrodes, yet it still “lights up” when held in a high-voltage field! Your students will be amazed. This neon wand is filled with neon at reduced pressure and will glow a reddish-orange color when you hold it in or pass it through a high-voltage field. This wand is easier to handle than a large fluorescent lightbulb. It measures 24 cm long and 1 cm in diameter and comes with background information on neon.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 680
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 410
You May Also Like
- Proof Plane
- Racing Ball
- Static "Hair" Wand
- Volta's Hailstorm
- The Van de Graaff Generator - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Build a Radio Speaker-Student Laboratory Kit
- Build Your Own Conductivity Tester—Student Laboratory Kit
- Investigating Electricity Kit
- Simple Circuits - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Build a Shake Flashlight Demonstration Kit