Our amazing super-duper polymer gel in a conveniently packaged kit that has everything you need to perform this gravity-defying demo—and the kit has an added twist! A fluorescent dye is included—simply add it to the alcohol poly-ox slurry, add tap water, illuminate the gel with an ultraviolet light, and observe the electrifying fluorescent green glow! Use this demo not only to teach your students concepts of polymers, bonding, and viscosity, but also light and fluorescence. It's Poly-ox...with a Twist! Teacher Demonstration Notes included. Enough materials are included to perform the demonstration seven times.
Concepts: Polymers, fluorescence, viscosity.
Time Required: 10 minutes
Materials Provided: Polyethylene oxide, methyl alcohol, fluorescein.
Note: An ultraviolet light is required and available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 386
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 501
You May Also Like
- Ultraviolet Lamp, 18"
- Cylinder, Borosilicate Glass, 25 mL
- Fluorescent Slime - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Slime for Everyone! Student Laboratory Kit
Polymers, Polymers, Polymers -
Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Structures and Properties of Polymers - Activity-Stations Kit
- Polyurethane Foam System - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Gluep Production - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Polymers, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 21
- Applications of Chemistry DVD Set