Pour a rainbow of colors from beaker to beaker while students spontaneously erupt in a chorus of ooohs and aaahs! This multi-colored, gravity-defying, attention-getting goo will help teach your students about polymerization, hydrogen bonding, solubility, acid/base reactions, pH indicators, and serial dilution. Wow! Science is fun! Teacher Demonstration Notes included. Enough materials are included to perform this demonstration seven times.
Concepts: Polymers, acid-base indicators, hydrogen bonding.
Time Required: 15 minutes
Materials Provided: Polyethylene oxide, methyl alcohol, universal indicator solution, hydrochloric acid solution, sodium hydroxide solution.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 387
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 502
You May Also Like
- Cylinder, Borosilicate Glass, 25 mL
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, 600-mL
- Rainbow Wand - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Slime for Everyone! Student Laboratory Kit
- Polyurethane Foam System - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Grow-Dino Measurement - Student Laboratory Kit
- The Wacky World of Superabsorbent Polymers - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Structures and Properties of Polymers - Activity-Stations Kit
- Polymers, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 21
- Applications of Chemistry DVD Set