Why do road crews spread salt on the roads in the winter? Is one salt better than another to melt snow and ice? Discuss colligative properties as students determine the effect of dissolved impurities on the freezing point of a substance and compare the effect of different additives on the freezing point. Teacher Notes and reproducible student handouts included. All necessary chemicals and specialized equipment are provided in the kit.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 469
You May Also Like
- Flinn Digital Thermometer
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, Low Form, 250 mL
- Colligative Properties - Student Laboratory Kit
- Molar Mass by Freezing Point Depression - AP Chemistry Classic Laboratory Kit
- It's Just a Phase - Heating and Cooling Curves - Student Laboratory Kit
- Surface Tension Jar - Demonstration Kit
- Solids and Liquids - Activity-Stations Kit
- "Bouncing Ball" Distillation - Demonstration Kit
- Properties of Solids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Solids and Liquids, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 11