Thirty biomath labs place a unique emphasis on mathematical applications in biology. Students will learn techniques to collect, organize, manipulate, and analyze biological data mathematically. Book contains labs such as surface area to volume ratio in cells, pigment chromatography, carbon-14 age determination, UV light and yeast, gene mapping, and modeling DNA. Ten of the labs use no equipment other than a meter stick or calculator. The first 60 pages of the book consist of teacher background with preparation tips, sample data, and possible answers for each lab. Reproducible student pages contain introduction, pre-lab activities, lab data sheets, questions, and numerous open-ended lab challenges. Intended for all levels of math, biology, honors biology, or AP biology classes, grades 9–college. Appendices and over 100 illustrations enhance learning. 191 pages, 8˝" x 11", soft cover.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1105
You May Also Like
- Bottle Biology
- Biology Challenge: A Classroom Quiz Game
- Flinn AP* Biology Inquiry Laboratory Kit Bundle
- Biology Coloring Books - Marine Biology
- POGIL™ Activities for High School Biology
- Lumbricus Earthworm Dissection Photo Guide, Pkg. 5
- A Demo A Day™ - A Year of Biological Demonstrations
- Biology Supermodels
- Biology Coloring Books - Human Evolution