When Flinn's very own biologist picked up this book and couldn't stop reading it, we knew this was a “must-have” book for your biology class. Consists of 50 inquiry-based thinking activities which force students to use an entire array of cognitive skills such as questioning, defining, hypothesizing, induction, deduction, fact-finding, assuming, and comparing and contrasting. The book contains 23 relatively easy, 17 moderately difficult, and 10 difficult nature puzzlers. Each puzzler includes an interesting problem or situation read to the class by the teacher. Students then devise a strategy to solve the problem or explain the situation using a variety of cognitive skills. Reproducible student “fact-question” and “hypothesis” worksheets are included, as well as teacher information, possible solutions, alternate hypotheses, and additional activities. Skills index, concept index, and organism index. 152 pages, 8½"
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1105
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 723
You May Also Like
- Biological Experiments and Activities Integrating Mathematics
- Bottle Biology
- Biology Challenge: A Classroom Quiz Game
- Flinn AP* Biology Inquiry Laboratory Kit Bundle
- A Demo A Day - A Year of Earth Science Demonstrations Book
- Coloring Guide to Anatomy and Physiology
- Lumbricus Earthworm Dissection Guide, Pkg. 10
- Pond Life - A Golden Guide
- Biological and Environmental Sciences Puzztivity
- Biology Coloring Books - Physiology