Integrate two unlikely subjects-chemistry and art-with this book of over 60 hands-on activities and fascinating demonstrations. Students learn fundamental principles of both subjects through exploration of color and light; paint and pigments; clay, sculpture and organic chemistry; jewelry, metalworking and electroplating; photography; art conservation and forgery! Each of the 10 chapters acts as a stand-alone unit and contains extensive introductory background material, objectives for the lab or demonstration, materials, procedures, and questions. So much chemistry can be learned when it is associated with art-and the learning process will be meaningful, painless, and certainly fun! Suitable for both chemistry and art classes for grades 7-12. Appendix, index. 2nd edition, 2008, 391 pages, 8˝" x 11", soft cover.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1115
You May Also Like
- Oxidation and Reduction, Flinn ChemTopic Lab Book, Volume 16
- Atoms, Molecules, and Ions DVD Set
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
- Lessons in Chocolate
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Crime Scene Investigations: Real Life Science Labs
- Fluorescent "Gummy Worm" Polymers - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Measurement and Accuracy - Super Value Lab Practical Kit
- "Chem"-eleon Indicators - Science and Art with Acids and Bases - Student Laboratory Kit
- CRC Handbook of Laboratory Safety- 5th Edition