An amazing demonstration of the interaction of electric forces. Place a non-conducting racing ball between the top disk and a connected lower pan. When the Van de Graaff generator is started the ball will dramatically race around the bottom pan as the force of the upper disk repels it. The ball can acquire great speed with a powerful Van de Graaff generator.
The Racing Ball comes with complete step-by-step instructions. An Insulating Stand AP5990, insulated wire, and a Van de Graaf generator are required.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 680
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 410
You May Also Like
- Static "Hair" Wand
- Volta's Hailstorm
- The Van de Graaff Generator - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Build a Radio Speaker-Student Laboratory Kit
- Build Your Own Conductivity Tester—Student Laboratory Kit
- Investigating Electricity Kit
- Simple Circuits - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Build a Shake Flashlight Demonstration Kit
- What Is a Capacitor? Student Laboratory Kit
- Snap Circuits®